Thursday, March 17, 2016

Sponges & Swirls

Mother's Day Card
Hello everyone! I'm back again today with another post. This time, I checked my card-making to do list and found I needed a few more Mother's Day Cards. I thoroughly enjoyed creating these cards after spending two days reorganizing my scrap room! Everything in my room is pristine and ready for destruction!

Moving on: I looked over all of the awesome projects for Papertrey Ink's March 2016 Release. I loved them all, but I was drawn to Heather Nichol's hombre birthday card design. I attempted two cards total before I was completely satisfied with the result. For both cards, I brought out one of my first stamp set purchases. I have no idea what it is called or who made it, but it's funny how I keep returning to this set. It has so much to offer! For the card above, I decided to stamp the swirl using PTI's True Black ink and sponge over the swirls using Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Winter Wisteria, and Aqua Mist. The sentiment is from the Delightful Dahlia stamp set.

For the card below, I followed Heather Nichol's recipe of white embossing the stamp. I got a little too fancy with the masking, and as a result, I had trouble finishing it. I'm not thrilled with the result, but it isn't horrible, either! I used Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold and Aqua Mist for the ink colors.


Heather Nichol's beautiful card and link is below:

IMG_5372
Heather Nichols: Pine Is Here


Create-along-with-us-heading
Papertrey Ink Release Challenge    

7 comments:

  1. I loved that card by Heather, too! You ended up with 2 lovely cards--fun designs & such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! Oh gosh no, you`re card isn`t horrible at all. I sure know how it feels when you`re not satisfied with your own card ;-) but I think yours turned out beautifully! Love the white embossing with the colors you chose! Your Mom will be so happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two nice cards! Love the colors that you used. I must remember the combo because they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, you are too hard on yourself as both of your cards look great. That white embossing and ink blending really adds a different WOW factor. Love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! both cards are fantastic!! I am loving the white embossing I'm seeing more of in blogland! beautiful take on Heather's card!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the different looks you created with the white and black stamping with the sponging! Great image choices, too! Fabulously done, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!