Thursday, March 3, 2016

PTI: Make It Monday #241




Hello everyone! This week has been super busy with work and vacation planning!! I hope to join some of my favorite weekly challenges, but PTI's Make It Monday may be it for this week. The hubby has gardening chores all lined out for me this weekend.

I am loving the ombre effect that many stampers are modeling for us all. Betsy Veldman took the time to model in real time, and I do appreciate that. Sometimes I think I'm a slow poke making cards! For my card I used PTI's Blueberry Sky, Aqua Mist, Spring Rain and Lemon Tart inks for the background. I received a honeycomb stencil in a Cocoa Daisy kit a couple of years ago. I never could figure out what to do with it. I'm so happy I was able to use it on this project! New Year's Resolution is living on!! Finally, I used PTI's Turning a New Leaf die to cut out the leaves and I stamped them with Classic Kraft and Simply Chartreuse. I also cut the backing for the leaves out of fun foam. The sentiment is a Stampin' Up stamp...one of my first purchases! :-)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Ombre-tulips-still-dtl

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card...those leaves are perfect! The ombré look you created is super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background...great job with the blending! and how fun to just use a sweet leaf stamp, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you can tell me how you linked your blog to post to google?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes! I created a Collection under my profile. Just go to your profile and click the + button under your picture. From there, I think you just follow the prompts. Now I can post from Google or share via +1. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is such a beautiful card, Cindy! Love the look of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Your blending and stenciling came out beautifully and hooray for you for finally putting it to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your card is so pretty! Wonderful job with the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Cindy! Love your unusual color combo and so head you finally found a use for your stencil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Nice effect on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card--the leaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!