Friday, March 25, 2016

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

PTI 2016 March Blog Hop
Happy Easter everyone! I'm so excited to participate in this blog hop. The inspiration for the card above comes from the picture below. Nichole Heady challenged us to create a card drawing inspiration from Izziyana Suhaimi's artistry. I wanted to imitate the grey background and the random placement of flowers. I love her mixture of pale and dark colors. However, when I created my card, I had to be careful with the colors I chose so they didn't muddy when I sponged over the stamping. I used a few stamps to mimic embroidery, such as the blue flowers and the edging on the smaller flowers. The pink flowers mimic a simple stitch pulled to the center of the flower. The white dots represent French knots.

Blog hop inspiration 4
Izziyana Suhaimi, artist

If you have time today, head over to Capture the Moment to draw some inspiration and join in the fun!

Process and Supplies:
I used my Mini Misty stamp tool to ensure my stamping was bold and vibrant. Once all of the flowers and leaves were stamped, I used Smokey Shadow to blend over all of the images. Finally, I added touches of white with Fresh Snow and my Sakura white gel pen.  Thanks for stopping by!

All supplies are from Papertrey Ink~~

Inks: Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, Lavendar Moon, Pink Lady, True Black, Smokey Shadow, Lemon Tart, and Fresh Snow

Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Beautiful Blooms II and the sentiment is from Embroidered Blooms

Paper: Stamper's Select

21 comments:

  1. Soft and SWEET! the perfect take on this challenge.

    Happy Easter to you too.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow this is just beautiful....love the movement you got form your pretty flowers! Happy Spring, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the colors and your design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty interpretation of the inspiration. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, and I love all your pretty and colorful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful! I love the variety of flowers you've used. It makes me think I "need" the Beautiful Blooms II. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun hop! I've seen so many cool interpretations of the inspiration photos, and yours is no exception. Beautifully done, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Cindy! Love your background and the randomly placed flowers...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the inspiration photo! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--what a great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever how you have replicated the background - the splash of colours you've used for the blooms are gorgeous against it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Don’t you just love that MISTI, its like having new ink and stamps! Beautiful card Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the floral garden you created with this card. Truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really captured the feel of the inspiration pieces - lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! Love the flowers and colors you've chosen here!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!