Saturday, March 12, 2016

MIM #242 Sponged Stamping

Birthday Card for My Sister

Hello everyone! It has taken me all week to decide what sort of card I would make for Make It Monday #242. I love this technique because I think there are so many applications! I used Dawn McVey's sponged stamping on the smaller butterflies. They complement the larger butterfly, but they do not take over.

As for the card inspiration, I decided I would make my sister's Birthday card. She will be really old in April. For the design, I put myself in her shoes. First of all, my sister loves purple. I do not. This fact is most likely why it took me allllll daaaayyy to figure out how to design this card. Not only that, I'm new stamp-set shy! I love getting new product in the mail, but I just stare at all of the new goodies until they start screaming, "Open me up and use me!!"

Once I found a purple I could live with, I fussed all day long how I would incorporate the larger butterfly. One of the things I was worried about this stamp/die set was lining up the layers over die-cut images. Not only that, this intricate die-cut butterfly looked impossible! The truth is, this is probably the easiest stamp/die set to stamp and emboss. Although it took me all day to put this special card together, I am so happy with the results. I cannot wait to give this to my sister...who will be sooo much closer to my age after her Birthday this year! #can'twait!!

Supplies:

PTI Ink: Lemon Tart, Plum Pudding, Lilac, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Pink Lady
PTI Stamp Set & Dies: What the Doodle: Butterfly
Scrap papers from my stash
Sentiment: Avery Elle Brushed Clear Stamps
Cocoa Daisy Hexagonal Stencil

8 comments:

  1. I hate to ask how old your sister is going to be, since you say she is going to be "really old"! And I'm probably much older than that! Anyhow, love your sponged butterflies, and you whole background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My sister and I are seven years apart. Sadly, I'm the elder!! So, the comment is an inside joke. I'm pushing 60, if that helps at all!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Very nice!!! I love that you worked through your difficulty with purple!! You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed your first card at MIM #242 gallery, it is adorable! Love the ombre effect on butterflies wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absoultly beautiful Cindy! So many beautiful layers I say don't worry just have fun!
    My older sister is turning 60 tomorrow and we will take her out to lunch! Happy birthday to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card & great use of the technique! You make me think I "need" that butterfly set!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!