Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Just Because Card/MIM #243



Dedicated to Educators!

Hello everyone! The final days until students show how well they can read and write are upon us! I would like to dedicate this card to all educators, no matter the content or elective they teach, to express my appreciation for all they do. Educating the next generation is a calling. Teachers give countless hours not only to planning and delivering lessons, but also to nurturing our students into the next generation of innovators, creators, thinkers, and caretakers of our freedom!! The card's sentiment, "Just Because," is but a small token of my personal pride and appreciation for all teachers do.

After embossing and before ink blending

Now to explain a few of the details of this card. I designed this card to meet the challenge of Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #243. Using Danielle Flander's video as inspiration, we were to emboss and use an ink blending technique to enhance the embossing. I chose to emboss the wrought-iron fence with clear embossing powder. But first, I stamped the flower background using PTI's Garden Variety stamp set. The grass was stamped in New Leaf. For the leaves I used Simply Chartreuse, for the flowers I used Plum Pudding, and for the fence and sentiment I used Stazon black ink. The fence stamp is from Bo Bunny: Gateway.

I used my Mini-Misti to help me layer my stamping!

For the blending, I wanted to achieve a 'sunrise' or 'sunset' effect, depending upon your perspective. So I used a Tim Holtz blending tool to blend PTI's Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, and Lovely Lady to achieve the faded, sun-drenched sky. The sentiment is from PTI's Bold Blossoms.

I do want to say I appreciate all the comments from those of you who take time to stop by! I appreciate the kind words of encouragement, and I always visit your blogs to comment! Thank you so much!!!!

MIMvideo4
MIM #243: Danielle Flanders' awesome cards!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy, your garden of flowers behind the black, wrought-iron gate looks so realistic and so does your sky. Great ink blending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! This is beautiful! I love that fence : )

    I join you in thanking the educators!! It is sweet of you to take the time to acknowledge them.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Beautiful ink blending and I love that gate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out beautiful! Love this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Your flower garden is just lovely with the wrought iron fence and the soft shading for your background is perfect!! Love everything about this gorgeous card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love that fence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is beautiful! I love your embossed fence with the flowers behind it. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said! Teaching is the hardest profession! And what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unique, beautiful & so appropriate for teachers!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!