Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Birthday-CTD #385 & FMS #229

Birthday Card for Matt
Hello everyone! Hope your Easter Sunday has been fabulous! My family and I celebrated last evening so that the grown kiddos could spend time with the 'other side' of their families today. On my list of cards to make, I wanted to work on a birthday card for my youngest son, Matt. He lives in Florida, so the happy colors at Color Throwdown #385 seemed perfect!

This week we were to use teal, aqua, and gold. I believe the aqua or teal, whichever your perspective is, comes through well in the background watercolor technique. I used a wash of Viridian Hue and Cerulean Blue to make the teal and aqua shades.

For the gold, I incorporated some items in my stash that I had never used before. The cute sun stamp and gold embossing powder was gifted to me by a friend who did not want to stamp anymore. I didn't realize I had either in my stash because they were in a box in my closet. When I reorganized my craft room during spring break, I discovered them, and I am so glad I did!

I embossed the image with gold, then used watercolor to fill in.

The inspiration for the layout comes from Freshly Made Sketches #229. I thought the design was perfect for a masculine card. Together the layout, colors, and stamps work for a Florida-themed Birthday Card. There is time on the clock to play in both challenges. See the links below if you would like to play along. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stampin' Up 'Sun' 2000, Zing Gold Embossing Powder, Cotman Water Colours: Cerulean Blue #139 and Viridian Hue #696, PTI Stamper's Select White, Cotman Water Color Paper, Recollections Washi Tape/Gold stripe, scrap kraft paper.

Color Throwdown #385
Freshly Made Sketches #229 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card for both the sketch and the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the sketch and colors!! Love the gold embossed and watercolored flowers and the striped gold layer!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors on your card! Love the gold embossing! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Love the embossing and those rich colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific card for your son, Cindy! Wonderful way to use the colors & that sun is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the touches of gold. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've used these colours and the wash background is so effective. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!