Saturday, February 27, 2016

Watercolor Bouquet Card

Watercolor Bouquet Card
Hello everyone! I'm back with another watercolor card. I have had a blast lately experimenting with embossed Bold Blossoms and watercolor techniques. I originally painted the panel the other way around, and quite by accident turned it the way it faces now! I love happy accidents. I only wish I actually liked the final product. I think my main issue with the card is I decided to make a small panel.

Also, I love the Stampabilities Woodgrain background stamp I purchased today. The stamp isn't new...it was released in 2009, but I have seen many people use it. I only wish I had realized that I could have gone back and blended more Weathered Wood on top of the stamped image for a great look. Instead, I added the blending after I put the panel on top. Why go into all of this? So I'll do better next time!! Ha!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
PTI: Bold Blossoms, Burnt Sienna Hybrid Ink, Stampers White paper
Various watercolors and cold pressed watercolor paper
Tim Holtz: Weathered Wood Distress Ink
Various scrap papers

4 comments:

  1. Cindy, your card is so pretty! I love the Bold Blossoms stamp set and seeing how you embossed and water colored them,really bring the flowers to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white embossed blossoms which look wonderful with your watercoloring! I have a woodgrain stamp I don't think I've ever used, but you've inspired me to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great watercolor! Wonderful natural colors make the card creates a feeling of calm and makes my thoughts slowly galloping :-)
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!