Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Thinking of You/Lasting Hearts Drive




This is the last card I will post for the Lasting Hearts Drive [at least for this month]. Over the weekend, I watched a watercolor video by Prairie Paper & Ink, and I couldn't wait to try the technique. Two things were in the way of success...or perhaps three things.  One, I didn't have any watercolor paper.  Two, I didn't have an overall background stamp. And three, me. 

Perhaps the final card isn't all that bad; however, the photo doesn't do the original justice. I dashed home today...after shopping at the grocery store...to capture the last few rays of natural sunlight [around twilight] so I could snap that perfect photo. I've been trying all day [since 6 a.m., and then again around 6:00 p.m.] to get the colors to shoot correctly. I'm sure the yellow vs. the pale corals and pinks didn't want to play. Not only that, I am not that great at embossing. However, I will say this has to be my best attempt yet...at embossing, that is.

All in all, it is more about the creative process rather than the perfection of the product. So, I will humbly present my three cards for moms who are grieving the loss of a baby...which truly is something I cannot fathom. And my true prayer is that they will find some sort of comfort knowing that someone out there took a little time out of his/her life to stop and truly pray for healing and restoration. If you have a moment, or if you have a spare card or two, please consider donating to this worthy cause. Thanks for stopping by, and please leave a comment with a link if you are sending cards, too. Thank you!



Supplies:
Bazzil coral and yellow carstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink:  abandoned coral, spun sugar, tattered rose, and mustard seed
Recollections white embossing powder and embossing ink
Art-C "Hello" stamp and die set

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!