Thursday, February 25, 2016

Happy Mother's Day! PTI Blog Hop

Mother's Day Card for my Mother

Hey everyone! Hope today has been spectacular for you! I'm especially excited because today is PTI's Blog Hop, and I have finally produced a card that is 100% watercolor! Not only have I been watching PTI's Make It Monday watercolor techniques over the years, but I have also found Kristina Werner and The Witty Gritty Paper Co. channels on You Tube. Each regularly post videos featuring watercolor techniques.

The watercolor technique on my card above features a 'wet wash' of a pink hue that I created mixing Chinese White and Cadmium Red Pale Hue. I then added a darker mixture of the paints for the Bold Blossoms which was first embossed with white embossing powder. For the greens in the leaves, I used a combination of Sap Green, Hooker's Green and Yellow Ochre. I then stamped the middle of the flowers with PTI's True Black. The final touch was to die cut everything and arrange into a bouquet of flowers.  The sentiment is from Delightful Dahlia, also stamped with PTI's True Black.

Bold Blossoms
Please head over to the blog hop as there are many cards using the pink and green color scheme. Thanks for stopping by, and as always, comments are appreciated!


Inspiration
PTI's Inspiration for the February 2016 Blog Hop


Fulfilling my New Year's Resolution :-)


18 comments:

  1. Your water colored card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful watercolored bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! you are so brave : ) I have been enjoying the water color craze from a distance. Great job!!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercoloring! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like you have been doing watercolor for years! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL water colored flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful watercoloured flowers! Super card! You might want to look at Sandy Allnock's blog. She does some fantastic watercolouring and just did a 5 part series called Paint Along Series. There's also 2 watercolouring classes you can sign up for at Online Card Classes, which I found fun and very helpful. Oh, and thanks so much for your lovely comment on my card! It was very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information! I'll definitely look into it! And you're welcome!

      Delete
  8. This is lovely! Your watercolored flowers look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Your watercolouring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card. I love the watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your watercoloring is stunning--love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty!! Love the watercolored flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy, your Bold Blossoms all watercolored are gorgeous. Very striking card. I need to watch some of those videos and practice, practice, practice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is very pretty and I like the way you arranged the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!