Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Birthday! CTD #380 & PTI Make It Monday

HBD to my son--Cory!



Today my oldest turns 30 years old! I won't say, "My how time flies!" We already know that, right? I found some needed inspiration at Color Throwdown #380 & Make It Monday #239.  CTD #380's color scheme is white, gray and red.  I just love those colors.  MIM #239's challenge was to customize patterned paper. The design was inspired by Cornelila (fun stamping). Please hop over to see her card. It's amazing!

Below is the recipe for my card:
  • The "happy" was cut from Cricut's "A Child's Year" out of PTI Pure Poppy cardstock
  • The gray background strip is from PTI's Argyle Sock collection which I stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with white powder. The repeated stamp is from PTI's Grunge Me
  • Next, I took some images from a Cocoa Daisy paper...the cassette tapes...and fussy cut them. I brushed the circles with Wink of Stella.
  • Finally, the birthday sentiment is from PTI's Embroidered Blooms.  How I have loved, loved using the sentiments from that collection.
Thanks for stopping by!  Comments are appreciated!!

Shhh! He doesn't know it yet, but tomorrow we will have a huge party!


CTD #380
MIM239 - Hello Sunshine Card
Make It Monday #239

13 comments:

  1. Love the combo from the Color Throwdown! This is a great masculine card and your "new" patterned paper is awesome! And, yes, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, this color combo looks like it would be hard, but you rocked it! The perfect elements and thats amazing what you did with the bg! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card incorporating both challenges! Love the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun card! I love that colour combo! P.S. My DS will be 40 this year. I'm dying over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card!! Love the design and so perfect for a big. "30"! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way fun!! Love the bright pop of red!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this birthday card with the pop of red in the sentiment! So striking! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having a great time with CTD challenges! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!