Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Color Throwdown #380

CTD #380: Red, White and Gray
Hello everyone! I designed this card in a hurry this morning. Yesterday, I promised my co-workers that I would bring a card for a colleague of ours that has helped us tremendously these past few days getting used to using Macs. What I didn't realize was, I didn't have a single Thank You card that was masculine. I had a little time this morning before work, so I watched Amy Rysavy's video for this week's CTD #380 challenge. I am so glad I did!

Masculine Thank You Card
My card looks nothing like her work of art, but it did spark some ideas, and I'm grateful! I used PTI products, unless otherwise noted.  First up is stamper's white, #110 for the card base. Then I cut a background from their masculine patterned paper. Next was the red cardstock which I ran through my Cuttle Bug to create the zig-zag pattern. The folder was from Paper Studio.  I then used Fresh Snow to highlight the raised areas and create a base for the shiny addition of Perfect Pearls. This completed the main portion of the card. I cheated and glued the red to the gray paper before cutting a 3/4 swath so I could create a little interest for the sentiment. With that being completed, presto...a masculine card was born! The arrow was part of a scrapbook paper collection I had in my stash.

As always, thanks for stopping by, and let me know your thoughts!

CTD #380

5 comments:

  1. Terrific card! Love how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS design. Love how you embossed and then inked on the background!! Your co-worker will love it!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine design and I'm sure it was a hit with your coworkers! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!