Saturday, February 13, 2016

Color Throwdown #379


Shimelle's World Stamp and Die set

This week's challenge is to combine lovely shades of pinks, purple and glittery gold. In keeping with my New Year's Resolution, I decided to make a quick card using supplies I have had for a long time along with some new. I ordered Shimelle's a/k/a "Glitter Girl" World Stamp and Die set last year, but have scarcely used it. I am noticing many cards with handwritten sentiments punched from a die, and I have been dying to follow suit.
"Lovely"


I created this card..quickly...using Cocoa Daisy's Allie by Stephanie Wheeler as the background. Then I took a strip of white card stock [a scrap] and smooched it with PTI's Hibiscus and Winter Wisteria along with Ranger's Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I used the heart from Shimelle's stamp set to add a little heart flair and topped it all off with Wink of Stella. I will most likely use this as a note card to brighten someone's day.  Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

CTD #379

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful way to use the gorgeous colors! Love your card,Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!! The sponged strip and those sweet little hearts are wonderful! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!