Sunday, March 18, 2012

Prayer Mini

Sometimes I think I pray all the time.  The reality is I don't pray enough.  In the past I've kept prayer journals to record my prayers, but sometimes they were way too personal.  I never wanted anyone to stumble upon my private prayers and misunderstand my heart at the time.

Prayer Mini-Album

This year I thought maybe a mini-prayer album is what I really need.  A place to record my favorite scriptures for prayer, a place to record blessings, and a place for pictures of those I need to pray for everyday--my family.  I really love it.  Sometimes I just hold it to my heart and pray deeply.  Other times I flip through the pages stopping to give thanks, pray, or record new scriptures I need to be reminded of!

Process--
I used Papertrey Ink's tabbed mini book page die to cut the pages.  They also have a tab die, but I didn't use it this time.  I save all of my cereal boxes, brownie mix boxes, etc., to cut mini album pages out of.  Then I cut the papers I want to use and glue them down with Mod Podge.  I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink.  Most of the papers and stickers came from Bo Bunny's Gabrielle.  If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.  Enjoy!

Ribbon closure...adhered with Scor tape

I made a pocket envelope using my Cricut.
It holds scriptures for healing.
To make sure I'm thankful I included a blessings
folder.  I record blessings for the month inside.
Scriptures I pray regularly--especially the one about
being a blessing--not a curse!
The nice thing about using rings for binding is
I can add pages throughout the year, if I want to.
Finally, a scripture to remind me Who's in control!

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful note book. I think is wonderful that you pray so much. God knows we have a long list these days. Some days there is so much on my list I turn my prayers into just thank you prayers,only. Take care, and count your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet note and encouragement!!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!