Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My First Mini

I have been following Creations with Christina for some time now, and she has a beautiful way of putting a mini together.  I have been dying to try and make one, but was so intimidated by the process.  Finally after watching a few of her videos, I took the plunge.  (Click on Christina's link to see how to get started.) What could be so bad?  If it didn't work out, I could toss it out, right?

I made this mini for my sister's first grand baby, Aiden.  I only have pictures because videos are a little intimidating to me right now.  Also, I don't own a video camera--so there's reason #2.  For the mini I primarily used K & Company Actopus to Zelephant papers.  I had lucked out and got 2 paper pads at Michael's for less than $12 total a good while back to scrap some of my boys pictures when they were younger.  The leftovers came in quite handy for this project.  You can still get some of that paper from K & Company's online store.


The doggie comes from Cricut's Paisley cartridge.
The mini cardboard is Mary Englebreit purchased on sale
at Michael's for fifty cents!


I "fussy" cut some of the images from the paper to decorate
parts of the album.  Their are also some cut outs from
PTI's Raspberry Suite's Color Couture.
The tags are cut fromCricut's Tags, Bags, Boxes & More.


I was also lucky enough to purchase some of the coordinating
embellies at Michaels to go with the papers.

Just love the froggy page!

I wish I could tell you I planned the last page perfectly--
nope--just a happy accident!

1 comment:

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!