Monday, May 9, 2011

Make It Monday #14--Selective Inking

I am having a blast entering all of these challenges!  Below is a challenge with Papertrey Ink--Make It Monday #14--Selective Inking.  This was a fun challenge because it confirmed something I thought I should be able to do...get more mileage out of my stamps.  The challenge was to take a two-lined stamp sentiment and separate it out into front and inside sentiment of a card.  Below is what I came up with--

Front--"You are so"
Inside--"thoughtful!"

I think the trickiest thing was to separate out the sentiment.  My stamping on the inside was a little tentative since the word "thoughtful" blended into the "You are so" just a little.  Plus, I may have been a little heavy handed on the baby wipe, making the ink not adhere so well.  The flower and sentiment come from Papertrey Ink's Flower Fusion.  This is a delightful--and inexpensive--stamp set!  Only $5 gets you two sizes of flower bases, flower outlines, stem & leaf and two sentiments:  I appreciate you! and You are so thoughtful!

I'll certainly enjoy giving this card to someone special!

Supplies:

Papertrey Ink Dies--Limitless Layers
Papertrey Ink--Hibiscus Burst & Pure Poppy
Skinny white ribbon
Making Memories--English Garden
Martha Stewart punch
Recollections A-2 card

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, I like the stripes with the florals. The challenges do make it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet little card, I like the floral paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Great job with PTI's Make It Monday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!